Saturday, July 19, 2014

The Great God Pan by Donna Jo Napoli (Review)

Title: The Great God Pan
Genre: Greek Mythology
Author: Donna Jo Napoli
Buy Link: http://amzn.to/1wHpwHQ

I stumbled across this book while looking for some new pictures to post of my beloved satyr god. It wasn't a purchase I regret.

The story is absolutely beautiful even if there are minor contradictions to the actual mythology. It tells the story of Pan's love for Iphigenia.

Told through Pan's eyes, the reader is shown how many of the most notable events in the Great God's life came to happen, which will give lovers and followers of our carefree god, a new look at him and a much deeper understanding about who he is.

The story nearly broke my heart, but it is a story I will read over and over again.

I would recommend this book to any lover of Mythology, any follower of Pan, and any lover of true love.

I give this book 5 of 5 pentacles

No comments:

Post a Comment